Audition Dates for 2020 International Summer Dance Intensives to be Announced Soon! Join our mailing list for updates.
Dancers, Singers, Actors, Musicians
We invite you to submit a digital audition or request a personal placement appointment for:
TDC Dance+Acting Companies, Music+Choral Ensembles, and Year-Round Pre-Professional Training Program (Ages 6-18)
The Dallas Conservatory – Park Cities + Frisco
You may inquire for a personal placement appointment by writing info@TheDallasConservatory.org or follow the digital audition instructions below.
WHAT TO PREPARE FOR IN PERSON AUDITION:
- Dancers: Wear black leotard, pink transition tights, ballet shoes, and a ballet bun. Bring pointe, jazz, contemporary and tap shoes if applicable. You may also present up to 2 songs and 2 monologues later in the day, at the singer/actor call. No photo/resume is required.
- Singers and/or Actors: Wear attire you can move in. You may present up to 2 monologues and 2 songs, though you may be cut off at 16 bars or one minute. Singers age 12+ should prepare at least one contemporary rock/pop song. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music. You may also bring a track, though sheet music is preferred. Please bring a headshot and resume if available.
- Musicians: Piano, Strings, Winds, Guitar only. You may present up to 3 minutes of music. Piano is provided; all others must provide instrument. Advanced musicians may be asked to present more material. No photo/resume is required.
Digital Audition Instructions
We invite you to submit a digital audition including:
DANCERS, Ages 6-18:
• barre work taken from the front and side (pliés, tendu, ronde jambe, développé);
• center (adagio, petit and grand allegro with grand allegro including pirouettes), and
• a solo if you have one in classical, jazz and/or contemporary
MUSICIANS/SINGERS/ACTORS, Ages 6-18:
• scales/vocalizing showing full range (1 minute, no accompaniment required)
• 2-4 musical or monologue selections (a cappella accepted)
• you may include a video link to any performance footage you have
• you may include a 30-60 second dance to a musical theatre song (can be improvised)