Annual Holiday Show
Rockefeller Christmas at the Majestic Theatre
Auditions for ages 8-18 were held August 24th, 2019. Please see below for ages 5-7 and Singer|Actors 8-18!
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 7TH
1:00-1:45 p.m. | Ballet Students | Age 5
2:00-2:45 p.m. | Ballet Students | Age 6
3:00-3:45 p.m. | Ballet Students | Age 7
4:00-6:00 p.m. | Singers and Singer/Actors (Triple Threats, please also attend Dance Call) | Ages 8-18
Location: Park Cities Studios | 7979 Inwood Road, Suite 201
Rockefeller Christmas at the Majestic Theater
December 8, 2019
Radio City-style fun for all ages!
Includes THE NUTCRACKER SUITE
Rockefeller Christmas at the Majestic Theater Details At A Glance
About the Show: Now in its 5th year, Rockefeller Christmas at The Majestic is a Radio City-style Holiday Extravaganza featuring jazz, tap and contemporary dancing … along with singing, acting and Act II of The Nutcracker! For ages 4 to senior. Audiences LOVE it!
Who Can Audition: All dancers ages 5 -18. Dancers need not to be enrolled in a class at The Dallas Conservatory, but casting priority is given to TDC students. Dancers must be present for the entire length of the call for their group. If the time slot is 1pm – 2pm, you must arrive before 1 and be prepared to dance from 1pm – 2pm. If unable to make the call, please write to us for a private audition ($50 fee, 10 minutes, scheduled August 25/26/27 at our Park Cities location).
Dancer Audition Attire: Black ballet leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, pointe shoes if the dancer is on pointe. Hair should be
in a ballet bun and secured with a hairnet/spray. Light makeup, if any (please, no show makeup). No crocheted hairnets, skirts, high or halter necklines. Tan jazz shoes are required for the Jazz call, and tap shoes for the Tap call. No black soles, please.
Singers and/or Actors: Wear attire you can move in. You may present one 60 second monologue and 32 bars of one upbeat song, though you may be cut off at 16 bars or one minute. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music. You may also bring a track, though sheet music is preferred. Please bring a headshot and resume if available.
Audition Results: Results will be posted and emailed by Thursday, August 28th at 6:15pm.
Mandatory Rehearsal and Show Dates:
• Two shows will be held on Sunday, December 8, 2019 at The Majestic Theatre, 1;00 and 4:30pm.
• Tech and Dress Rehearsal: Saturday, December 7th. Please reserve the entire day.
• Mandatory In-Studio Dress Rehearsals: November 25th and 26th.
• Dance Rehearsals will be held every weekend September 14- November 23. Nutcracker soloists will rehearse weekdays in addition.
• Each piece will have a 1-1.5 hour rehearsal each weekend. Only 1 absence will be permitted
• Most rehearsals will be held on Saturdays, with a few exceptions. A finalized rehearsal schedule will be sent after auditions. All rehearsals are held at our Park Cities location.
• Singing/Acting Rehearsals TBA. We try to arrange rehearsals around cast availability.
• Angels, Chocolates, Princesses, Sheep, Footmen, Mice, Soldiers and Dragons: $155 total fee including costume
rental. These roles are usually cast with ages 5-1, through Level 2/3.
• Dancers in 1-2 Ensembles: $255 including costume rental(s). Usually for dancers Level 3+
• Dancers in 3-5 Ensembles: $355 including costume rentals. Usually for dancers Level 4+
• Dancers in Snow Scene, Act 2 Variations and/or Principal Roles: $455 including costume rentals
Tickets: Tickets go on sale October 15, 2019 at midday. There is no limit to the amount of tickets you may purchase, but we suggest buying more than you need immediately, as adding onto your order and being seated together later will not be possible. Tickets range from $25-$100. Every seat in the house is excellent at The Majestic! If you plan on making a donor purchase of $1000 or more above your ticket purchase price, please tell us in advance, as these will be blocked off prior to public ticket sales. These donations are made under our 501c3 (see below). Show principals will also have 4 seats at one show reserved for purchase in advance – please tell us which show after casting is announced. Potential scholarship donors and Show Principal parents, please email Linda@TheDallasConservatory.org for more information.
Donor Tickets: Auction begins for donor seats on Sept 15, 2019. Any dollar amount paid for seats over $100 ticket value per seat goes to our scholarship fund, helping children of merit in need. Past recipients are now with major dance universities and companies. Donors will be acknowledged in the program and from the stage. Please email Linda@TheDallasConservatory.org for more information.
QUESTIONS: Please email info@TheDallasConservatory.org with questions.
Dancers, Singers, Actors, Musicians
We invite you to submit a digital audition or request a personal placement appointment for:
TDC Dance+Acting Companies, Music+Choral Ensembles, and Year-Round Pre-Professional Training Program (Ages 6-18)
The Dallas Conservatory – Park Cities + Frisco
You may inquire for a personal placement appointment by writing info@TheDallasConservatory.org or follow the digital audition instructions below.
WHAT TO PREPARE FOR IN PERSON AUDITION:
- Dancers: Wear black leotard, pink transition tights, ballet shoes, and a ballet bun. Bring pointe, jazz, contemporary and tap shoes if applicable. You may also present up to 2 songs and 2 monologues later in the day, at the singer/actor call. No photo/resume is required.
- Singers and/or Actors: Wear attire you can move in. You may present up to 2 monologues and 2 songs, though you may be cut off at 16 bars or one minute. Singers age 12+ should prepare at least one contemporary rock/pop song. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music. You may also bring a track, though sheet music is preferred. Please bring a headshot and resume if available.
- Musicians: Piano, Strings, Winds, Guitar only. You may present up to 3 minutes of music. Piano is provided; all others must provide instrument. Advanced musicians may be asked to present more material. No photo/resume is required.
Digital Audition Instructions
We invite you to submit a digital audition including:
DANCERS, Ages 6-18:
• barre work taken from the front and side (pliés, tendu, ronde jambe, développé);
• center (adagio, petit and grand allegro with grand allegro including pirouettes), and
• a solo if you have one in classical, jazz and/or contemporary
MUSICIANS/SINGERS/ACTORS, Ages 6-18:
• scales/vocalizing showing full range (1 minute, no accompaniment required)
• 2-4 musical or monologue selections (a cappella accepted)
• you may include a video link to any performance footage you have
• you may include a 30-60 second dance to a musical theatre song (can be improvised)