ANNUAL HOLIDAY SHOW AUDITIONS
Rockefeller Christmas at Klyde Warren Park
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4TH
1:00-2:00 p.m. | Dancers | Age 5
2:00-3:00 p.m. | Dancers | Age 6
3:00-4:00 p.m. | Dancers | Age 7
4:00-5:00 p.m. | Dancers | Ages 8-10
5:00-6:00 p.m. | Singers | Ages 8-18
Audition Fee: $10
We are asking all attendees to pre-register for auditions.
Rockefeller Christmas Details At A Glance:
About the Show: Now in its 6th year, Rockefeller Christmas is a Radio City-style Holiday Extravaganza featuring jazz, tap and contemporary dancing … along with singing, acting and Act II of The Nutcracker! For ages 4 to senior. Audiences LOVE it!
Who Can Audition: All dancers ages 5 -18. Dancers need not to be enrolled in a class at The Dallas Conservatory, but casting priority is given to TDC students. Dancers must be present for the entire length of the call for their group. If the time slot is 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm, you must arrive before 1:00pm and be prepared to dance from 1:00pm – 2:00pm. If unable to make the call, please write to us for a private audition ($50 fee, 10 minutes)
Dancer Audition Attire: Black ballet leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, pointe shoes if the dancer is on pointe. Hair should be
in a ballet bun and secured with a hairnet/spray. Light makeup, if any (please, no show makeup). No crocheted hairnets, skirts, high or halter necklines. Tan jazz shoes are required for the Jazz call, and tap shoes for the Tap call. No black soles, please.
Singer Audition Attire: Party wear! Any season. If wearing heels, please bring a lower option as well.
Audition Results: Results will be posted and emailed.
Mandatory Rehearsal and Show Dates:
Two shows will be held at Klyde Warren Park
Tech and Dress Rehearsal: TBD
Mandatory In-Studio Dress Rehearsals: TBD
• Dance Rehearsals will be held every weekend. Nutcracker soloists will rehearse weekdays in addition.
• Each piece will have a 1-1.5 hour rehearsal each weekend. Only 1 absence will be permitted
• Most rehearsals will be held on Saturdays, with a few exceptions. A finalized rehearsal schedule will be sent after auditions. All rehearsals are held at our Dallas location.
• Singing/Acting Rehearsals TBA. We try to arrange rehearsals around cast availability.
• Angels, Chocolates, Princesses, Sheep, Footmen, Mice, Soldiers and Dragons: $155 total fee including costume
rental. These roles are usually cast with ages 5-1, through Level 2/3.
• Dancers in 1-2 Ensembles: $255 including costume rental(s). Usually for dancers Level 3+
• Dancers in 3-5 Ensembles: $355 including costume rentals. Usually for dancers Level 4+
• Dancers in Snow Scene, Act 2 Variations and/or Principal Roles: $455 including costume rentals
QUESTIONS: Please email info@TheDallasConservatory.org with questions
For the 2020-21 season, we are excited to offer a variety of programming for every dancer, every age and every level! Whether your dancer is ready to train for the professional stage or looking for a fun and positive environment to grow their skills in, we have the program for you. Please contact us for a private placement appointment to learn more about The Dallas Conservatory!
The Dallas Conservatory (TDC) Pre-Professional division provides world-class instruction in dance, acting, voice, and musical theatre for students aged 8-18, with the goal of preparing for a possible professional career in the performing arts. Pre-pros engage in a rigorous weekly course load of 10-20 training and rehearsal hours, and enjoy many performance and competition opportunities throughout the year including Nutcracker and YAGP (dancers) and Spring Musical (actor/singers and dancers).
TDC’s Studio Company allows dancers needing more flexibility in their schedule to train and perform in a multitude of styles while maintaining TDC’s high level of excellence. Studio Company’s weekly class requirements maintain between 6-10 training hours.
For younger, passionate performers, Mini Company provides a wonderful outlet to grow and develop skills as both individuals and dancers. Mini Company students learn discipline, technical skills, artistry, team accountability, and the skill of projecting joy and positivity. Mini Company meets twice a week 4:15-7:15 PM.
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER DANCE INTENSIVE (ISDI) 2021
We invite you to submit a digital audition including:
- A 2-3 minute video of any barre or center work
- Any genre solo if you have one, or 1 minute of improv
- barre work (plie, tendu, ronde de jambe, développé)
- center (jumps, turns)
- a solo in jazz and/or contemporary, or 1 minute of improv
- Resume (Ages 12+)
- Headshot or Snapshot
Learn More About International Summer Dance Intensive
Dancers, Singers, Actors, Musicians
The Dallas Conservatory – Dallas + Frisco