2020 International Summer Dance Intensive
June 8-19, 2020 + Aug 3-14, 2020
- Ages 8-26
- 7 levels
- Choose 1-4 weeks
- Housing and some scholarships available
As always, The Dallas Conservatory has assembled a star-studded faculty of internationally-known teachers and choreographers to teach our lucky students from around America and the world in boutique-sized classes! Choose 1-4 weeks and AUDITION TODAY – it’s as simple as submitting a short video. And the best thing is, our intensive takes place BEFORE and AFTER the major intensives, so TDC summer students can dance all summer long and get a TRUE competitive advantage — while making lifelong connections with our teachers from Royal Ballet, SAB, ABT, YAGP and more!
SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR INTENSIVE DETAILS
Anita Young, Classical Ballet was awarded the MBA by Queen Elizabeth in 2018 for Ballet and Education. She is on the faculty at the Royal Ballet School of London, teaching its elite upper school students from around the world both year-round and during the summer. Anita trained at The Royal Ballet School and joined The Royal Ballet in 1968. As soloist, she danced many principal roles and received the Evening Standard Award for Achievement. On leaving The Royal Ballet, Anita joined the Northern Ballet Theatre as Ballet Mistress and taught The Royal Ballet School Junior Associates. Anita specializes in Cecchetti Major examination work and has been a guest teacher for schools and companies in the UK, Malta, Germany, USA, South Africa, Italy and Canada. After working for Central School of Ballet, Anita joined the faculty of The Royal Ballet School in 2004.
Karin Averty, Classical Ballet – Year-round Faculty at American Ballet Theatre’s JKO School, and Summer Faculty at Boston Ballet School, Rock School, Ballet West and other top organizations. Continue Reading >
Dusty Button, Contemporary Ballet – One of the world’s best-known dancers, Dusty Button was born in South Carolina and began her dance training at the age of 7. At age 16, she moved to New York City to train at the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School at American Ballet Theatre. Continue Reading >
Natalya Lushina Zeiger, Classical Ballet – Former Bolshoi Ballet soloist, The Rock School top faculty member, YAGP Master Faculty/Judge Continue Reading >
Alexei Moskalenko, Classical Ballet + Pas De Deux – YAGP Associate Artistic Director and Master Faculty/Judge Continue Reading >
Misha Tchoupakov, Classical Ballet, Partnering + Character – YAGP Rehearsal Director/Master Faculty/Judge; Faculty Member, University of North Carolina School of the Arts (UNCSA); former Bolshoi Continue Reading >
Katrina Killian, Classical Ballet – SAB, Ballet Mistress for the New York City Ballet’s Education Department, Continue Reading >
Nick Palmquist, Theater Jazz – New York’s hottest contemporary teacher at STEPS on Broadway Continue Reading >
Karine Plantadit, Broadway – YAGP, Tony Award-nominated dancer and actress, Alvin Ailey Soloist Continue Reading >
Jacqueline Porter, Classical Ballet – Founding Artistic Director of TDC; 4-time recipient of YAGP Outstanding School Award; 2-time recipient of YAGP Outstanding Teacher Award; trained 100+ soloist and ensemble winning dancers since 2010 Continue Reading >
DANCE INTENSIVE DETAILS
- Seven levels, beginning to professional, ages 8 to 22.
- 5 hrs of small classes daily in ballet and contemporary styles. Upper levels receive pointe and partnering
- Teachers from YAGP, ABT, SAB, and London’s Royal Ballet
- Tuition is $650/week
- Tuition discounts:
- 4 weeks of Intensive $150 off total tuition =$2450
- Tuition discounts:
- Housing is available for $400/week with host families, which includes breakfast and dinner. Please inquire.
- Many families use area extended-stay hotels. Please inquire.
- Delicious, healthy lunches are provided from local restaurants such as Flower Child for $15/day.
- The top two levels (Intermediate III and Advanced) of each discipline receive the full guest faculty experience. It is possible to be placed in different levels for ballet and contemporary styles. The Intermediate II Level and below receive The Dallas Conservatory’s multi-award-winning year-round and regular guest faculty led by 2-time YAGP Outstanding Teacher, Jacqueline Porter.
- A one week-only option is offered as space permits.
- Teaching is hands-on, with lots of personal correction in boutique classes of 36 dancers or less.
- Out of town dancers and international students are encouraged to apply via digital audition – see link below
June 8-19, 2020 + August 3-14, 2020
Take daily contemporary class with our exceptional contemporary faculty. 2020 faculty includes Dusty Button. Past faculty includes Dwight Rhoden, Alicia Graf Mack, Drew Jacoby, Tokyo and Desmond Richardson.
$250-350 per student per week depending on program length.
Send video for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org / Subject: Contemporary Track Inquiry
YOUNG ARTISTS INTENSIVES
July 6-10 + July 13-17 + July 20-24
Designed for the emerging artist to grow in technique, artistry, and confidence. Dancers will hone their skills with daily classes in Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary and Hip Hop. Take your dancer to the next level, with incredible and inspiring classes from top Park Cities Studios Faculty.
- Young Artists I Intensive | Ages 6-8
- Young Artists II Intensive | Ages 9-12
July 6-10 + July 13-17 + July 20-24
PAST GUEST FACULTY INCLUDES:
- Alicia Graf Mack, Juilliard Director of Dance; former Alvin Ailey principal
- Wes Chapman, YAGP Master Faculty/Judge; former ABT Studio Company Director
- Nilas Martins, Former Principal Dancer NYCB, YAGP Judge
- Scott Fowler, Master Faculty/Judge American Dance Awards, LA Dance Magic, Movin’ Out, Jerome Robbins’ Broadway, Chicago the Movie
- Carlos Dos Santos, International Master Teacher and Choreographer
- Katrina Killian, Leading Faculty, SAB; former New York City Ballet soloist
- Francisco Gella, Francisco Gella Danceworks; award-winning choreographer
- Jeff Rogers, YAGP Master Faculty/Judge; Company Teacher Ballet West
- Francois Perron, Leslie Browne, Willdabeast, Tokyo, and more
- TDC Faculty and TDC Regular Guest Faculty