The Dallas Conservatory's Rockefeller Christmas at the Majestic Theatre
The Dallas Conservatory, under the artistic direction of Jacqueline Porter, presents “Rockefeller Christmas at the Majestic Theatre” on November 26th with two shows at 1:00 PM and 4:30 PM.
AUDITIONS: AUGUST 26th
$15 Audition Fee
Rockefeller Christmas Details At A Glance:
About the Show: Now in its 16th year, our Holiday Show Rockefeller Christmas is a Radio City-style Holiday Extravaganza featuring jazz, tap, and contemporary dancing … along with singing, acting and Act II of The Nutcracker! For ages 4 to senior. Audiences LOVE it!
Who Can Audition: All dancers ages 5 -18 and singers/actors 8-18. Dancers, singers and actors need not to be enrolled in a class at The Dallas Conservatory, but casting priority is given to TDC students. All must be present for the entire length of the call for their group. If the time slot is 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm, you must arrive before 1:00pm and be prepared to dance from 1:00pm – 2:00pm. Audition Fee: $15. If unable to make the call, please write to us for a private audition ($50 fee, 10 minutes). Children should audition during their current age group, and not in their age the day of the show.
Dancer Audition Attire: Black ballet leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, pointe shoes if the dancer is on pointe. Hair should be in a ballet bun and secured with a hairnet/spray. Light makeup, if any (please, no show makeup). No crocheted hairnets, skirts, high or halter necklines. Tan jazz shoes are required for the Jazz call and tap shoes for the Tap call. No black soles, please.
Singer and Actor Audition Attire: Comfortable, easy to move in clothing. Singers, prepare 16 bars of an uptempo and a ballad (holiday or musical theater). Or be prepared to sing “Jingle Bells” and one verse of “Silent Night” a capella Please bring a track or sing a capella.
Audition Results: Results will be posted and emailed.
Mandatory Rehearsal and Show Dates:
Two shows will be held on Sunday, November 26th at the Majestic Theatre
Tech and Dress Rehearsal: November 25th
Mandatory In-Studio Dress Rehearsals: TBD
• Dance Rehearsals will be held every weekend. Nutcracker soloists will rehearse weekdays in addition.
• Each piece will have a 1-1.5 hour rehearsal each weekend. Only 1 absence will be permitted
• Most rehearsals will be held on Saturdays, with a few exceptions. A finalized rehearsal schedule will be sent after auditions. All rehearsals are held at our Dallas location.
• Singing/Acting Rehearsals TBA. We try to arrange rehearsals around cast availability.
• Angels, Chocolates, Princesses, Sheep, Footmen, Mice, Soldiers and Dragons: $185 total fee including costume
rental. These roles are usually cast with ages 5-11, through Level 2/3.
• Actors/Singers and Dancers in 1-2 Ensembles: $295 including costume rental(s). Usually for dancers Level 3+
• Actors/Singers and Dancers in 3-5 Ensembles: $395 including costume rentals. Usually for dancers Level 4+
• Dancers in Snow Scene, Act 2 Variations and/or Principal Roles: $485 including costume rentals
QUESTIONS: Please email [email protected] with questions.