July 22-Aug 2, 2019
Every year, The Dallas Conservatory presents “Direct from Broadway!”, one of the most exclusive musical theater experiences in America for students aged 8-16.
Students are admitted by audition in Spring, and work side by side with top-notch professional Broadway artists to quickly:
- maximize triple threat skills
- find/hone perfect audition pieces, and
- broaden their general musical theater knowledge
The intensive meets M-F from 10-3, and culminates in a studio showcase.
MUSICAL THEATRE INTENSIVE DETAILS
Direct from Broadway! is presented at two levels, beginning/intermediate and intermediate/ advanced, ages 8-18. Those too young to audition, or not selected for the intensive, are strongly encouraged to enroll in our Broadway Kids and Broadway Teens camps offered throughout the summer.
- Top-notch NYC faculty is announced much nearer to the date (usually July), as we often get guests coming directly out of hit Broadway shows that have just closed, or are about to rehearse and open. Securing guest commitments well in advance is not possible. We do ALWAYS present the highest level of professional guest(s). Recent guests have included Jackie Burns, star of Wicked and If/Then, who was with us for two weeks between her closing of Wicked and opening of If/Then.
- Tuition is $650/week
- Combine with Dance Intensives for tuition discount:
- 4 weeks of Intensive (Can be a combination of ISDI/DFB) $100 off total tuition
- 5 weeks of Intensive (Can be a combination of ISDI/DFB) $250 off total tuition
- 6 weeks of Intensive (Can be a combination of ISDI/DFB) $450 off total tuition
- Housing is available for $400/week with 1) host families or 2) in the TDC condo (walkable, shopping area, can do own cooking). Please inquire.
AUDITION DETAILS »