Mini Company: Ages 6-8 as of August 1st, 2018
TDC Preparatory Company: Ages 8-12 as of August 1st, 2018
These programs are designed for young artists that show exceptional talent and drive and would like to pursue dance as their passion. We strive to create an atmosphere where these young students can grow and develop the technical and artistic skills necessary in hopes to one day join The Dallas Conservatory pre-professional program.
Students will have special performance opportunities as well as the opportunity to compete at regional competitions and take classes from professional master teachers. Students will enroll in an advanced track of classes designed to prepare, encourage, and grow young artists in the art of dance.
* Mini Company members are required to take 2 ballet classes, 1 jazz class and 1 tap class per week. Classes will be Mondays 4:15-7:15 (ballet, tap and jazz) and Wednesdays 4:15-6:00 (ballet and rehearsal)
* Preparatory Company members are required to take 3 ballet classes, 1 jazz class, and 2 elective classes (hip-hop, singing and acting, acro or tap). They will also need to be available for a 2 hour rehearsal block on Saturday afternoons. Required Classes: Saturday 9:00-10:25 Ballet with Jacqueline, 10:30-11:40 Jazz with Clair
* Monthly $50/Company Fee
* Costume Fees ($75 per dance), generally 2 costumes
* Competition Fees ($35-$40 per dance/per competition)
* Mini/Prep Dancers will compete 2 dances at 2 different competitions in the spring
* Convention Fee ($175-$200)
* Mini/Prep Dancers will attend one local dance convention where they will take classes from Master Teachers
Prep: TDC Preparatory Intensives with Jacqueline Porter (By audition only)
Inquire about summer, full-time, or academics-only.